PDA

View Full Version : Will you share your OptimumK empirical vehicle data with a 1st year team??

OspreysGoSWOOP
03-12-2011, 05:27 AM
Hello, in order to yield more accurate results and further improve our suspension design we'd like actual motion data to simulate our suspension using OptimumK. Right now we've been doing simple heaves, rolls, and turns but it's time to ramp it up.

Is there a team out there that will share any sort of motion data from a tuning run or from Michigan?

I'm not asking for a handout, I'm asking for empirical data that is impossible for us to gather since this is our first car.

The data can be sent to president@REMOVETHISFORSPAMospreyracing.org

Obviously remove the text REMOVETHISFORSPAM before you send an email.

OspreysGoSWOOP
03-12-2011, 05:27 AM
Hello, in order to yield more accurate results and further improve our suspension design we'd like actual motion data to simulate our suspension using OptimumK. Right now we've been doing simple heaves, rolls, and turns but it's time to ramp it up.

Is there a team out there that will share any sort of motion data from a tuning run or from Michigan?

I'm not asking for a handout, I'm asking for empirical data that is impossible for us to gather since this is our first car.

The data can be sent to president@REMOVETHISFORSPAMospreyracing.org

Obviously remove the text REMOVETHISFORSPAM before you send an email.

Sormaz
03-12-2011, 02:15 PM
If you are a first year team, this really isn't what you should be focusing on. Just make sure that your suspension can travel properly without interference and make sure everything is reliable. I can't stress the durability factor enough.

Wesley
03-12-2011, 10:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sormaz:
If you are a first year team, this really isn't what you should be focusing on. Just make sure that your suspension can travel properly without interference and make sure everything is reliable. I can't stress the durability factor enough. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Respectfully, Just because they are a first year team doesn't mean they cannot utilize data of an advanced nature. Without a lot of knowledge about the team's capabilities, making the judgment that they don't know what they are doing with data is uncertain and irrelevant. Pointing out that they should consider robustness is, however, correct.

Tim.Wright
03-13-2011, 02:35 PM
You have to be careful what you take out of the motion data from another team. If you are using it for durability/fatigue reasons for your mechanical design, you might be able to get away with it at a pinch.

However, if you want to investigate things like camber angles or vertical travel in cornering conditions, then it will be useless for you because you have the motions of a completely seperate design to yours.

Tim