PDA

View Full Version : GSXR 600 dry sump pump

charlie_IC
10-25-2006, 08:39 AM
I'm fitting a dry sump system to our car this year, and we are using an '05 gsxr 600 engine.

i've not been able to find anywhere that does a pump for this engine. i want to run it off the water pump drive - has anyone used a hayabusa pump for this before?

the only hayabusa pumps i've seen are two stage - i'm hoping to get hold of a 3 stage pump to improve the crank case vacuum - has anyone seen a 3 stage pump for a suzuki engine?

cheers

charlie_IC
10-25-2006, 08:39 AM
I'm fitting a dry sump system to our car this year, and we are using an '05 gsxr 600 engine.

i've not been able to find anywhere that does a pump for this engine. i want to run it off the water pump drive - has anyone used a hayabusa pump for this before?

the only hayabusa pumps i've seen are two stage - i'm hoping to get hold of a 3 stage pump to improve the crank case vacuum - has anyone seen a 3 stage pump for a suzuki engine?

cheers

Beatle
10-25-2006, 10:24 AM
Look at pace products website www.paceproducts.co.uk (http://www.paceproducts.co.uk) thats where we get all are dry sump pumps. The stages are modular so the only thing you will need is a custom shaft which they can take care of for you.
Just from experience 3 stages sounds like a lot, not that thats bad but if you design the pan correctly you could definitely get away with two stages and for-go the weight of the extra stage.

Maverik
10-25-2006, 11:29 AM
Pace makes great pumps, never had a problem with support or the pump. It depends what you want, we ran two stage using the stock oil pressure pump in the engine one year and since then we have been using the pace pressure stage, forgoing the stock pump. It really isn't that much weight in the scheme of things when you consider your gain of oil pressure control. Make it as high as you want, or as low as you want.

Dave M
10-25-2006, 12:14 PM
Dailey Engineering makes them as well. Just give him a call.