PDA

View Full Version : CV drawings

Underthefloor
10-23-2004, 12:39 AM
Does anyone have some drawings of the taylor tripod CV housing?

Underthefloor
10-23-2004, 12:39 AM
Does anyone have some drawings of the taylor tripod CV housing?

Courtney Waters
10-23-2004, 03:02 AM
They used to be on the TRE website somewhere. As I recall the PCD of the bearing bores wasn't included, but a call to TRE resolved things. They had no problem providing me with the info needed to make my own housings.

Cement Legs
10-23-2004, 07:17 AM
That's pretty cool of them considering I was actually looking into making housings of our own as well. The whole Taylor package without the diff is a bout $2000, out of which more than $1300 comes from the tripod housings, outboard axles and wheel flanges. We feel that we can make our own housings, turn down the axles and wheel flanges. We dont have the equipment to do splines so we would send the outbaord axles and flanges out to a shop to have them finished. We figure that we can save $800 or more. Has anyone else gone this route. Courtney, what were you main issues in making your own housings (if any). We were also planning on sourcing out half axles, Taylor wants $185 a piece but I think we can save even more on these. Bottom line, I'm hoping that we can bring the package down from $2000 to less than $1000.