PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Remember Requesting a U-Joint Ratchet Wrench in Detroit?

Mike Spinelli
07-05-2007, 06:07 PM
Hey guys -- This may seem like a strange request -- but humor me.

I'm writing a piece on the 2007 FSAE Romeo event for Popular Science magazine. I met some of you while I was cruising around with a camera crew, bugging you as you were trying to get work done, etc. My strange request is this:

I wrote down some of the announcements over the PA system and used them to introduce a couple of sections. But the fact checkers caught an error -- I'd written down that Western Australia had requested a <b>U-joint ratchet wrench</b> on Friday morning. But they say it wasn't them. Uh oh.

Think back. <b>Does anyone remember asking for a U-joint ratchet wrench?</b> I know it seems like a pretty ludicrous detail out of context, but trust me -- it's actually an important element I 'd rather not change.

I'd appreciate immensely any help you could provide in remembering which team asked for a <b>U-joint ratchet wrench</b> on Friday morning.

Thanks!
Mike Spinelli

Mike Spinelli
07-05-2007, 06:07 PM
Hey guys -- This may seem like a strange request -- but humor me.

I'm writing a piece on the 2007 FSAE Romeo event for Popular Science magazine. I met some of you while I was cruising around with a camera crew, bugging you as you were trying to get work done, etc. My strange request is this:

I wrote down some of the announcements over the PA system and used them to introduce a couple of sections. But the fact checkers caught an error -- I'd written down that Western Australia had requested a &lt;b&gt;U-joint ratchet wrench&lt;/b&gt; on Friday morning. But they say it wasn't them. Uh oh.

Think back. &lt;b&gt;Does anyone remember asking for a U-joint ratchet wrench?&lt;/b&gt; I know it seems like a pretty ludicrous detail out of context, but trust me -- it's actually an important element I 'd rather not change.

I'd appreciate immensely any help you could provide in remembering which team asked for a &lt;b&gt;U-joint ratchet wrench&lt;/b&gt; on Friday morning.

Thanks!
Mike Spinelli

Dan Deussen @ Weber Motor
07-06-2007, 03:56 AM
Maybe it was the same team that always asks for a spray can of "Weld-Away"? http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

drivetrainUW-Platt
07-06-2007, 05:56 AM
Those part/tool requests are getting old after 4 competitions for me, you guys need to drink some beer and come up with better ones.

Storbeck
07-06-2007, 09:47 AM
My favorite was the request for a five horse outboard motor at the 04 comp.

No usefull information to add to the thread, just sparked a memory.

Maverik
07-06-2007, 09:54 AM
I always hear Cornell requesting "Black Caulk." They never seem prepared... lol

Mike Spinelli
07-06-2007, 10:09 AM
Actually, if anyone remembers any other announcements like it, that could work too. As long as they're from 07.

absolutepressure
07-06-2007, 01:58 PM
That may have been a legit request if the person was spacing on the name of this u-joint (http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?cat=Mechanics+Tools&pid=00904435000&vertical=TOOL&subcat=Socket+Accessories&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes)

Scotty
07-06-2007, 02:05 PM
MORE COW BELL......

Tommo
07-07-2007, 11:18 AM
All I know is TU Graz are still looking for their bloody kangaroo

drivetrainUW-Platt
07-09-2007, 07:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by absolutepressure:
That may have been a legit request if the person was spacing on the name of this u-joint (http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?cat=Mechanics+Tools&pid=00904435000&vertical=TOOL&subcat=Socket+Accessories&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya, good point....sorry guys, I think he killed this one.

Erich Ohlde
07-09-2007, 09:12 AM
Kansas wished Erick Kohler a happy 42nd birthday during competition. I don't think he's older than 27 and it wasn't his birthday but he's been in FSAE since 1999 so we thought we'd give him a little jab.

csquinn
07-09-2007, 11:36 AM
Hey Kansas-

What happened with not making it to Germany?

Erich Ohlde
07-09-2007, 12:00 PM
There was going to be issues with getting team members there, some of our key design people had obligations to their jobs that they couldn't break. I think that we were pretty good as far as getting the car there though, but it would've been pointless since would really would've had trouble with design.

Dr Claw
07-10-2007, 09:37 AM
http://fsae.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/125607348/m/91510830141

There's always this thread to consult/collect all the crazy things we've all heard over the years.

Has anyone brought Penn St. their latte's yet?

Psychosis
07-26-2007, 06:55 AM
my favourite was always

"has anyone got any spark plugs for a diesel engine"