PDA

View Full Version : Hi I need help about the How design the Intake manifold and the restrictor

TiTiKo
04-26-2004, 03:50 PM
Hi people i am from Venezuela and we are designing the car to go to the competition the following year, it is our first car, where i can find information about how desing the intake manifold, do you have some document that can help me? about the what throttle use? how desing a throttle, the intake, etc...
the restrictor is 20mm but i have a dude, ¿can I place a Venturi and that the central part (neck) measures 20mm and after it can i increase the measurement until to the plenum?, the primary runners must have a measurement of 20mm?, etc... PLEASE HELP ME i am waiting for yours soon answer , WE WANT TO GO TO THE COMPETITION THE NEXT YEAR HELP US PLEASE.
FSAE-LUZ

simonsuarez
04-26-2004, 04:43 PM
Q FUE CHAMO YOU MEAN YOU HAVE A DOUBT ABOUT THE INTAKE JEJE NO PROBLEM VEO Q ME HICISTE CASO

Charlie
04-27-2004, 09:27 PM
Hi, it appears that you really have never seen a FSAE intake at all, so I would first recommend browsing through the many great FSAE websites and looking at photos of cars and engine systems, there is a suprising amount of technical detail on some sites. This will give you a good general idea.

Frank
04-27-2004, 11:35 PM
as well

there is a search engine for this forum

there is lots of information already here

TiTiKo
04-28-2004, 05:38 AM
hi Charlie off course that I have visited all web sites of some universities, i have seen as are the intakes models, i have some notion about that how to do the intake, but I want to know if you have some information for the design that can give me an important aid... thanks charlie
ARISTIDES NAVA
FSAE-LUZ

Mike Shaw
04-28-2004, 07:45 AM
you might want to invest in an engine simulator that will allow you to design the intake and see how it effects engine performance, such as Virtual Four-Stroke. that's what we use. you can also tune the exhuast in addition to the intake plenum and runners.

TiTiKo
04-28-2004, 07:07 PM
Hi Mike Shaw thanks, I have several documents that help me in the design and construction of the intake , where I can find that program? here in the forum? thanks
Aristides Nava

Charlie
04-28-2004, 10:53 PM
Sorry, from your description it sounded like you were asking if the restrictor had to be a 'plate' or if it could be a venturi. Which the answer would be obvious if you'd seen a FSAE intake, I guess you meant something else.

Search for 'Ricardo WAVE' there is a thread about that simulation program, which is free to FSAE teams through Ricardo.