PDA

View Full Version : Career Advice Needed

boxsterb1
10-22-2007, 10:40 AM
I am a recent engineering management graduate of Miami University (OH) and am looking for a career in the automotive industry. I am extremely passionate about automobiles and want this passion to guide my career. I am looking for any advice, ideas, or referrals that any of you could offer in my career search. Below is a list of some of my relevant accomplishments. I appreciate any help you can provide me with. My email address is bradbalzer@gmail.com

- founded SAE Miami Section
- SAE Miami President 2005-2007
- 05-06 SAE Baja Participant
- Started Miami's first FSAE team 2006
- Captain FSAE 06-07 (won rookie of the year)
- Co-Captain SAE Baja 07
- 07 SAE Long-term Member Scholarship Recipient

boxsterb1
10-22-2007, 10:40 AM
I am a recent engineering management graduate of Miami University (OH) and am looking for a career in the automotive industry. I am extremely passionate about automobiles and want this passion to guide my career. I am looking for any advice, ideas, or referrals that any of you could offer in my career search. Below is a list of some of my relevant accomplishments. I appreciate any help you can provide me with. My email address is bradbalzer@gmail.com

- founded SAE Miami Section
- SAE Miami President 2005-2007
- 05-06 SAE Baja Participant
- Started Miami's first FSAE team 2006
- Captain FSAE 06-07 (won rookie of the year)
- Co-Captain SAE Baja 07
- 07 SAE Long-term Member Scholarship Recipient

BMH
10-22-2007, 03:40 PM
So did you do Baja and Formula both at the same time? How did that fare? Did you try to spend equal time in both or did you end up spending more time in one than the other? Which one, in your opinion, do you think would offer better career opportunities? I am doing both and they seem to conflict one another on work nights so im trying to figure out if i should just stick with them or pick one over the other. Thanks!