PDA

View Full Version : 600rr CAD file

PSURacing
10-25-2006, 01:38 PM
Hi I am from Pittsburg State University starting a new team for this year.
I am looking to see if anyone has a cad file of a 600rr engine they would share.

Thanks
Andrew

PSURacing
10-25-2006, 01:38 PM
Hi I am from Pittsburg State University starting a new team for this year.
I am looking to see if anyone has a cad file of a 600rr engine they would share.

Thanks
Andrew

Ian M
10-25-2006, 03:02 PM
We have a CMM model that we smoothed out to shrink the file size and make it useable. We received it from Oklahoma when we bought their engine. We have put quite a bit of time and effort into making it a good model to design a frame around.
We would be willing to sell it for $150. That is pretty cheap because we bought a pretty crappy CMM for $200 that we didn't even use since getting a better version from Oklahoma. Let me know if you're interested.

Kyle Walther
10-25-2006, 03:14 PM
your selling our model????? is that ethical

I think we deserve a cut or I think i'll be selling the model for $100 http://fsae.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

PSURacing
10-25-2006, 04:22 PM
I seemed to have opened a can of worms...

chavez
10-25-2006, 06:21 PM
your selling models, are you kidding me?

PSURacing
10-25-2006, 10:02 PM
I think we will just save our money and cmm our own model

chavez
10-26-2006, 02:00 PM
That is probably the best idea. I can't beleive Evansville is selling that model, hell its not even theirs.

Ian M
10-26-2006, 05:03 PM
Whoa, didn't mean to step on any toes here! Just trying to help out a young team, and offset some of our cost from purchasing the engine and model. I asked Matt if it was OK to sell the model if anyone was interested and he said that was fine, but that you guys (Oklahoma) were going to make it available for free around February. Plus the model I was going to sell to PSU looks nothing like the original CMM. It has about 20 hours of rendering done to it to make it useable to design a frame around. It isn't nearly as detailed anymore, but our crappy computers can run it quickly now. I am very thankful for the help from Oklahoma and don't want to burn any bridges, so the offer no longer stands.
PSU if you have the resources to CMM your own engine for that price than by all means just do that. Those CMM laser scanners are amazing! The only one I have seen was at Toyota's Design Center in Michigan. I don't know how far I would have to go to find the resources to do that around here.

Sorry to all for the confusion.

Chavez,
Why not sell a model to a team who may not have the resources to obtain an accurate engine model, which is extremely hard to measure accurately and a key building block to designing a frame?